October 16, 2013

Postscript to Eastend Saskatchewan

My body is in Minot North Dakota, but my heart is still in Eastend. I wanted y'all to know that 15 miles north of the town of Eastend is the continental divide...now how cool is that??  This continental divide is between the waters that flow southwards into the Gulf of Mexico and the waters to the north-east that flow into Hudson's Bay.  I thought this a remarkable fact. You might not agree with me...

It is dark at 7:10 AM here in Minot and we are planning an early start since there seems to be nothing left here to do. Our progress is good, and it looks like we will make it to Saint Joe a day ahead of planning, which will give us a lovely bonus day to relax and  catch up on laundry and bathing and so on. Just a note to Aunt Betty: if you happen to be home on Friday we might pop by. In any case, we will definitely phone and let you know we have arrived safe and sound.

From today, all roads lead to Saint Joe.

1 comment:

  1. Yep I understand about watersheds. I have a book written by someone who walked the Scottish Watershed. Interestingly the ice deposits changed where the water flowed a few millennia back

    ReplyDelete