OK, I know I promised a tour of the inside of the casa, but I realized that either you are among the people who have seen it in person, or else you can view it from last year's blog, so for the sake of avoiding redundancy (ie. boring you all to death) I will forego the interior shots.
This is the first day I have had here all day all by myself. I say "I" because yesterday we picked up our new stainless steel, gorgeous, fully electronic, Frigidaire Mexican sized (20") stove and oven and toted it home from Chapala, only for Rick to discover this morning he is missing a basic part for the installation. So it goes in Mexico. So only I am having this lovely, quiet, peaceful, absolutely zoned-out day at home on the terrace, 22C at 10 AM, fully sunny, light breeze day. Rick is somewhere down below, searching for the mystery part. I wish I could feel guilty about this. Once I am here, I sit and read, and do research on my computer, face the rigours of genealogy analysis, and watch the grass grow.
There is only one glitch looming on the horizon. We keep getting invites from folks which we just can't seem to turn down :) Yesterday there was a luncheon planned for us at Gloria's in El Chante, just a hop from our town of Jocotepec. What a wonderful place that is. She has been closed for sometime because her husband needed eye surgery in the US. We missed them all last winter. And yet, when we arrived at the door, panting for some of her wonderful breakfast burritos, she knew us by name and kissed us warmly on both cheeks. Yesterday her special was ribs, and we all had them. Then we went to pick up our new stove at Tio Sam's, a wonderful Mexican appliance store on the way to Chapala. It was also "apply for new visa" day, and we dropped off all the required documents with our facilitator in Chapala. In other words, we were all over the map and didn't get home 'til supper time. And next week is the birthday of another friend of mine and we have been invited to celebrate it at Cafe Mangana over near Chapala. I can see another wasted day of complete self-indulgence looming....at least it will be spent in good company and indulging in some very good food. In case you are under the illusion that all we can eat down here are tacos and burritos....just check out this menu..
Cafe Magana
Well that is the last of my free advertisements. I hear Rick coming through the garden gate so I better go see if I can help...
No more blog for now...
No comments:
Post a Comment